What’s On Your Summer Reading List?

A random collection for sure, but I am excited to tackle all these.

• The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
  • Zeitoun by Dave Eggers. (Just moved to New Orleans. We shall see…)
  • Mornings on Hourseback by David McCullough. Because Teddy Roosevelt is pretty badass, and so is DM. And summertime makes me feel patriotic.
  • The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen. Because I’ve heard good things and like stories about people’s lives spiraling out of control.
  • Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Have you read her yet? She is amazing.
  • Great House by Nicole Krauss. I’ve read two of her other novels– her writing is so clear and her plotlines so complex and premeditated. She unravels huge balls of yarn then somehow respools them all. Satisfying reading.
  • Maybe tackling Room by Emma Donoghue. It frightens me, and the cover throws me off a bit, but it has gotten wonderful reviews from people I trust.

And of course, savoring my new New Yorker (and maybe Martha Stewart Living) magazines. Love getting a ‘lil gift in the mail every two weeks.

What about you fine folks, out there in this big busy world? What are you all reading, and what would you recommend?

This entry was posted in External Resources, Tips and Advice and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to What’s On Your Summer Reading List?

1. Ron Medley says:

Leaving “Van Gogh” by Carol Wallace. Because if I had to read one book about painting, it would be about Van Gogh.