Check out these cool writing-related articles published this week!
- This New Yorker collection of six short stories to read during a hurricane puts a cute spin on what is becoming an increasingly terrifying weather event.
- Wonder why no one’s thought of this yet: Booktrack, a new startup, plans to release e-books with synchronized soundtracks.
- Does a single page of writing take you hours to produce? Check out WriteToDone’s seven easy steps to much faster writing.
- Ever started writing something only to realize halfway through that what you really want to say is completely different? This Janice Hardy piece ponders when to revise and when to keep plugging along. It targets creative writing specifically, but can be applied to academic writing as well!
- Robert Lipsyte discusses why boys don’t read as much as girls and suggests the problem might have something to do with the prevalence of women in children’s/young adult writing and publishing.