Happy almost Halloween! Let’s just hope the snow was a fluke and that it’ll actually be a decent temperature on Monday for trick-or-treating. Although, a frosty-white Halloween could be especially spooky…perhaps the makings of a good story?
Anyway, here’s this week’s news!
- The New York Times’ “Poetry Pairings” project is so cool: it matches famous American poetry with Times content that “echoes, extends, or challenges the poems themes.” And hey, some are Halloween themed! Check out this great one about Edgar Allan Poe!
- Along the same lines, you cannot resist this clip of Poe’s The Raven as read by James Earl Jones.
- In need of even more Halloween spirit? Check out the literary magazine Granta‘s cool new horror issue! Spooky. (Granta)
- This delights me. A group of authors gathering together to…play poker. Amazing. (The Paris Review)
- More writing news from the Occupy Wallstreet front: they’ve now created a poetry anthology! (People’s Library)
- Check out these cool tips from AbeBooks on how to identify a first edition book! (Youtube)